The Enterprise line of STATISTICA products is designed for multi-user, collaborative analytic applications and can be used in any corporate or research environment - anywhere that groups of users perform data analysis on shared datasets or where they can benefit from tools for collaborative work such asstatistical processcontrol (SPC) andquality control(QC). These STATISTICA products contain the same suite of analytic capabilities as the STATISTICA desktop solutions. Those analytic procedures are deployed on a server and are architected for the simultaneous use by tens or hundreds of users. STATISTICA provides a Windows client and a Web browser client for full access to STATISTICA capabilities and reports through an industry-standard Web browser.
In consultation with our clients over the last two decades, we have learned that the major barriers to the use of analytics are:
- Ease of use: Regardless of the power of an analytics platform, if it is not intuitive, the vast majority of users within an organization will not adopt it.
- Integration with Data Repositories: Access to data often involves a time-consuming collaboration between the individuals who know the definition of the data they need and those individuals who understand the data repository and the approach to extracting the required data set.
- Collaboration: Activities within an organization are rarely a single individual operating in isolation. Instead, these activities are programs that require collaboration among many individuals.
StatSoft understands that for many organizations the status quo is not good enough in terms of taking best advantage of the wealth of data being collected and stored. Personnel within these organizations would benefit by utilizing these data, but the barriers and time commitment to do so prevent it. What is needed is an integrated system of data querying, data mining, data analysis, and data visualization techniques all within a secure, multi-user, collaborative environment.
Imagine a software system where an individual simply a) has the requisite permissions and b) clicks on an analysis listed in a folder structure to be presented with the results based on the latest data. The individual doesn't need to know where the data are stored, they are being aggregated from two repositories, and the product specifications were queried separately once she selected the product and test of interest. All that the individual needed to know was the name of the analysis to run. STATISTICA's Enterprise products deliver that user experience.
Data Analysis Software Solutions
At the highest level, the following are the major functional pieces of the STATISTICA Enterprisesystem:
- Connections to Data Repositories: STATISTICA is configured within your organization to recognize the relevant data repositories that store the data of interest for mining, analysis and visualization.
- Analysis Templates: STATISTICA stores definitions of analysis templates that can be manually or automatically initiated. These templates are either "hardcoded" with all of the analysis parameters specified in the template, or can be "parameterized" to allow the user of the template to select which data and specific analyses are of interest.
- Interactive Filtering:STATISTICA provides a robust set of filtering capabilities to hide the complexities of the data structures Structured Query Language (SQL) from the user. Instead, users are presented with an easy-to-use menu of values (e.g., product name, date/time range) from which they may select to determine the data of immediate interest.
- Reports: STATISTICA provides customizable report templates to define the page layout and format for reports to be produced on a regular basis. STATISTICA includes a scheduling application to manage the automation of the production of these reports at specified time intervals.
- Security and Permissions: In a multi-user software application, treating everyone the same is not appropriate. Roles and responsibilities within an organization differ from individual to individual. STATISTICA stores account information about what the user should be able to view, modify, and perform while utilizing the system. One major contributor to the system's ease-of-use is that users do not see features and reports that are irrelevant to them.
The STATISTICA system provides the analysis companion to your data repositories, utilizing the above categories of capabilities. As an off-the-shelf software system, STATISTICA provides general objects that are configured through its administration user interfaces.
StatSoft provides installation and configuration, customization, statistical consulting, training, and computer systems validation services to ensure the successful deployment of the STATISTICA Enterprise product line to suit your organization's needs.